The original Manchester Museum was opened in 1888 to the design of Alfred Waterhouse Architect for the National History Museum in London, with the extension designed by Paul Waterhouse, son of Alfred Waterhouse in 1912.
This project was part of the refurbishment of the Grade II Listed Manchester Museum Building, which is situated within the Quadrangle of the University of Manchester, to commemorate the centenary opening of the extension to the building in 1912.
The new 3 gallery exhibition show cases archaeological artefact collections and ancient mummies from ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt.
The designs for the Electrical & Mechanical Services were coordinated with the Museum and Exhibition Designers, Opera from Amsterdam, the Project Architect and consultation with the Conservation Department of English Heritage and the Victoria Society.
DSSR were responsible for full Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Services, comprising passive ventilation systems, new LED Lighting display systems for the Galleries, supplies to display guides and exhibit cases, emergency lighting and fire system, general power, and communication and security systems.
University of Manchester
Buttress Fuller Alsop Williams & Opera, Amsterdam